Monday, June 22, 2009

Fun in the sun at Universal Studios


This weekend me and one of my friends went to Universal Studios in Orlando!! It was actually my first time there and all I can say is I had an absolute blast!! I'm sure most you of have been there before but Universal is composed of two different parks that have totally different feels to both of them. We got fast passes for both of the parks which I totally recommend to everyone that goes. They only cost about 30dollars for both parks and allow you to jump all the lines. It is sooo nice (especially when its HOT out like it was on Friday) to be able to go right to the front of all the lines. I think the most time we waited was fifteen minutes or less!Islands of Adventure is the first park we visited. We rode pretty much every single ride in under 3 hours!! All of the rides are so much fun! Each ride has it's own theme and they do an amazing job of decorating everything to make it seem as real as possible. The Jurassic Park ride is a water ride where you are pretending to be on a tour boat that "accidentally" goes off course into the dangerous T Rex holding area. You are floating through a jungle maze where you are confronted with all kinds of dinosaurs (that look totally real!) that actually come right up to your face! All of the sudden....a big T Rex is right in front of you!! It looks like your boat is going to go straight into his mouth...and then you drop down a huge waterfall!! After we rode all of the rides..we had to decide where to eat for lunch. They have soo many restaurants to choose from including the Nascar Cafe, the Hard Rock Cafe, the Bob Marley Bar, and many many more. We of course had to eat at my favorite place in the entire world....Margaritaville!!!!! Since I was a little girl I have been a huge "parrot head". The restaurant is sooo cool. It has planes, sails, volcanoes, and everything Jimmy Buffett!!! I would definitely recommend the crab cake sandwich and of course the Cheeseburger in Paradise!!!! Don't forget the margaritas!! After lunch we moved on from Islands of Adventure to Universal. Universal has more 3-D, 4-D, and virtual rides and movies, which I absolutely loved! My favorite one was the Simpsons ride. I am still completely amazed on how they make these rides feel so real when you actually aren't moving much at all. Anyways, all in all our trip to Universal Studios was so much fun and I cannot wait to go back again! :) <3 Nicole